Rhythmic Rain...

Monday, July 11, 2005

Shakespearean Comedy

My life story would have made the perfect Shakespearean comedy. Do you remember “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”? There are four characters in the play – two men and two women - who constantly fall in love with each other, and there is always something/somebody complicating the situation. Think of me as Character 5, who is not really getting involved in the situation, but somehow ends up altering it simply by being there!

I have been informed of at least 4 guys that I am dating, considering dating, or crushing on in the last 2 weeks, by 3 completely different parties in my life. This would be normal for most teenagers, except that in my case, to make it a bigger Comedy of Errors, I NEVER KNOW about any of my alleged romances! There must be a clone of me going around who asks random guys to movies and asks out other people’s boyfriends. Why am I always getting paired up with SOMEONE?! What are people trying to do?! Tame the Shrew?!

All you people out there who talk about who likes who when where and why…don’t make so Much Ado About Nothing, and we’ll go ahead and handle our lives As We Like It!

As for you people who get discussed as much as I do, remember truth always prevails - All’s Well That Ends Well! Or at least, that’s what I keep telling myself. As far as I’m concerned, I am seriously considering officially hiring Sucheta to keep me updated on my relationship status. Trying to keep track myself is pretty much A Midsummer Nightmare.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 am, July 12, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Ha ha yourself!! You have NO idea what a ridiculous situation it is, where I find out about my feelings for OTHER people! lol I like your method...I should try it sometime. I pity the unsuspecting soul who gets the wind after me!!

     
  • At 8:50 am, July 14, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    What you don't understand is that I am not taking it seriously! If I was, I wouldn't blog about it would I? It's just a way of talking about something I find funny...c'est tout!

    And I don't think it is normal in a teenager's life by ANY stretch of imagination!

     
  • At 5:57 am, July 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, i think its abysmal. but totally common at the same time. I have seen and experienced. this is exactly what teenage life is about.its deja vu. Don't even try to understand cuz it'll be absolutely useless. thats all i can say. and oh yeah, its okay to crib about ur life. i do it all the time. lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home