Rhythmic Rain...

Monday, May 16, 2005

Sharing The Joy

I just realised that I have just about a week left at work. I’m quite depressed about the whole thing. Work is exciting. I feel inadequate ALL the time, and it seems like everyone who speaks around me is always just a syllable away from losing me, but I enjoy every moment of it all! I think I have said that one too many times.

I’ve actually got a lot of that lately. I am working in the most amazing place in the world. I am staying with my closest friends in the world. My cousins are about to have their Arangetram and they are going to be awesome. My guide and his boss and practically everyone here are so cool and fun to be around! So I have loads of things to be happy about right now. I have never actually been so happy with EVERYTHING in my life, and lately I’ve noticed that I’m actually the only one who cares!! And those who are nice enough to pretend that they do think I’m weird. But then, since this is my blog…so there.

I never run out of stories to tell about this place. SOMETHING funny, or interesting, or confusing has always happened. One particularly eventful day, Parita, Aunty Rajni and Uncle Manu were driving home from work from Bugis. I think I talked to Parita about work the ENTIRE drive home. And by the time I realised that I was talking so much, we were home! =D But then, she is equally thrilled with her job, so she then talked to me about HER job! Not everyone is that interested though.

In one conversation with a friend, I asked what exciting plans she had for the summer. She replied “Oh! Loads of fun things planned! I’m gonna get at least 3 piercings, and cut my hair and get a completely new look! Well, I think that’s exciting. Your idea of exciting is probably reading a book.” Yeesh. So, I’ve become more conscious about talking about work now. Other people want to talk about more interesting things. Like – guys, or piercing, or what whose boyfriend bought what for her and how cute it all is. Eh. Oh well…

I guess I’ve realised that everyone has their own idea of excitement, or fun. I suppose the majority of people reading this think my job is the most boring thing on the planet…but that doesn’t make any less overwhelmingly cool for me. So, if I were to use a cliché, “to each his own”! What say you??

11 Comments:

  • At 4:49 am, May 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great to know you're having so much fun. Believe me THIS is cool!

     
  • At 6:17 am, May 17, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Yea, to YOU it is...! But I just realised, that NO one thinks my job is as cool as I think it is!!!!

     
  • At 9:20 am, May 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why do you drive home from Bugis? You don't like Kembangan?

     
  • At 12:36 pm, May 17, 2005, Blogger Aveek said…

    "Yea, to YOU it is...! But I just realised, that NO one thinks my job is as cool as I think it is!!!!"

    Yeah, duh! I think that i got the coolest job - no wait, the hotttest job(quite literally) in the world, and you think you do... but I know what you feeeling... sher elation.. I feeel it too, everytime I look at a cleared car or an HKS exhaust system or an Eibach set of springs or any other auto-performance part. I bet you jump for joy wwhen you hear MDM2 or By-Hydra-DeciMolybdate or E-Coli or such.. hehe...

    Good to know you enjoyed yourself there...!!

     
  • At 6:22 pm, May 17, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Anon...I usually get off at Kembangan, but that particular day, Uncle Manu and Aunty Rajni were at Waterloo, so Parita and I got off at Bugis!

    Aveek...absolutely. I don't actually know what By-Hydra-DeciMolybdate is, but the other two...yea! Are you still working? When do you leave for Pune?

     
  • At 3:27 am, May 18, 2005, Blogger D. said…

    Aveek, I'm quite jealous of you. Cars = fun.

    Meghna, when do you get back? It's getting surprisingly dull here.


    And why is there what appears to be a 'beta' at the beginning of the last sentence of the first paragraph of this post? Was it intentional?

     
  • At 4:53 am, May 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happiness is what YOU feel. The best situation in the world is useless, unless the person experiencing it thinks so. On the other hand 'people' thinking less of your situation can be a dampner. But among friends, that's what separates the wheat from the chaff, right? Which true friend would not share your obvoius joy?

    Anonymous 3

     
  • At 6:42 pm, May 19, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Yea, other people thinking less of my situation is a dampner, but I wasn't cribbing or anything! I'm quite happy. And people who think I'm weird for being happy...well...go jump. =p

    Rati, YAY! We love our jobs (not to mention each others)! But mine will be over this wedesday! *sigh*

     
  • At 12:57 am, May 20, 2005, Blogger Aveek said…

    Rati: miss the kids...??!! to someone other than me, that could sound most normal, but since I'm not jsut anyone, WHAT THE...??!!

    Mia: hmmm... well, I guess that you're back here now... how was it??

    Noldo: Cars=fun=speed on the streets!! One more year, and I'll not just be tunig them, I'll be racing them too!!! MUHUHOHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

     
  • At 7:29 pm, May 23, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Rati, absolutely.

    Aveek, uhm...she misses the kids at the play school she was volunteering at. Nut! No, I am not back yet. I still have 2 working days left!! I'm taking the flight back Thursday night.

    Ananya, HI! Rati goes back to school in like December. Ok, no...sometime in August . SO UNFAIR.

     
  • At 7:03 am, May 25, 2005, Blogger D. said…

    Very unfair. I start school day after tomorrow.

    D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home