Rhythmic Rain...

Monday, May 30, 2005

Arangetram

On the 21st of May, my cousins did their Arangetram. For those of you who don’t know, an Arangetram is a dance show that a student of dance does to present herself/himself to the world as a dancer. It’s is a big deal! And my cousins did theirs with a bang!

The show took place at Jubilee Hall, Raffles hotel. The auditorium was so elegant, and seated about 400 people. The stage was done up with a beautiful backdrop, and seats on the left for the musicians, and an idol on the right. The show started with a prayer and set the mood.

I met quite a few people I know…not just family. Some of the musicians were old friends of my mom, and many people we knew were in the audience. I was walking around in a sari, and so many people didn’t recognise me - it was so funny!

Since the two of them (Sumna and Shovna) were doing the Arangetram together, most of the items were duets – except for one solo each. I loved the two solos. Shovie’s was first. She looked like she was having so much fun! I love the enthusiasm she puts into all her dances! Sumna di’s was basically just of her playing with a ball…! It was such a cute idea! She looked so nice up there! Her costume was beautiful!

In the interval, our names were actually part of the people she wanted to thank! We were part of the thanks-for-coming-all-the-way-from-India bunch! It felt so good be named! I don’t know why, but I was really thrilled with that!!

They looked great, the audi was beautiful, and best of all…they had FUN!! Even though they have never lived in India, they have managed to keep on going with Bharathnatyam!Congratulations you guys!! I’m proud of you!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:55 am, May 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awwww thas sooo sweet! haha. It sounded like a review more than ur opinion on it tho! U should write more like wut ya thougth n stuff n dont forget bout the time we had at my house....well if ya wanna write bout that...itz up to ya. BUt anywaz, thanx for the recognition! haha. LUv ya! BLue hug from me! U get the Green one! lol. Bye!

     
  • At 10:21 pm, May 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sheesh woman! my sisters rite!! its like a newspaper article! hahaha but its cool. thnx sooo much! im soo glad u enjoyed it!! anyways i g2ggg.
    wuv uu
    shoviee

     
  • At 10:44 pm, May 30, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    No it's not!! It's filled with opinion!! lol
    I think it's awesome that you keep on with it even though you're not in India!!

    Enjoyed watching you on stage!! Congratulations again!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home