Rhythmic Rain...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lament Of The Science Student

I thought eleventh grade was supposed to be a break after tenth! How much can a HUMAN being study?? I am 2 subjects down, and I am still dying. I think it would be a lot easier if the adults involved in my life would take a few steps back really.

School work, homework, work galore,
Not to mention work some more.
How can I balance it with other things?
Can I BE a good student who dances and sings?

The adults in my life confuse me all the more
Schoolwork seems like the most boring chore.
When at home it’s like I’m in cuffs…
When do I find the time to practice dance and stuff?

Our chem. Teacher says “Study ONLY chemistry”
Our bio teacher? “ONLY Biology”
And while they both agree our workload is immense,
They both still say “Don’t get tense”.

At home my parents will take over.
And I feel like running to take cover.
They say “It’s just a few hours…work with zest”
And then they’ll say “Don’t get stressed!”

As if school wasn’t bad enough,
Dance classes are just as tough.
They say “Practice a few hours at leisure…
It will help take off some of the pressure!”

Everywhere I go there are one or two
Confusing me about what exactly I should do.
I think I’d sooner join a cult,
Than ever completely understand an adult.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:22 am, July 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    meghna... i feel that yur poem seriosly is the plight of all of us science students...

    i think that v people hav soo many things to do in sooo less time ... and all that crappy pressure...
    Evrione keeps voicing their opinion...100 mouths will giv yu 100 new opinions...so basically i feel we need to go by what our own heart says... 'n not b swayed by others opinion...

    n i donno if v will evr understand these adults man...seriosly
    anywayz i hope v enjoi these 2 yrs together coz i donno aftr that hum kahaan tum kahaan!...

     
  • At 7:20 am, July 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hiiiiii xcllnt poem........
    but wats the point of cribbing coz its our life and v must try and make each n every bit of it fun......even though theres loads pressure of activities around us.
    so ENJOY LIFE!!!

     
  • At 7:38 am, July 12, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Hey all!

    Sars - yea, I do have time to come online! And you weren't being patronising! What you said about not being able to understand an age group that isn't ours is totally true!! It's just that now, that age group is that of adults!! lol

    Hey Jan! Nice to see ya here! We will definately try to make the best of the next 2 years...after all...javani to ek hi hai na??

    Hi Preeti! I disagree with you on that! I think cribbing is FUN! I'm not saying that my life is TERRIBLE and I'm bordering of suicide or anything...! Just the process of writing that poem was fun! It changes frustration into something ridiculous and works as a release! Writing is my release...what's yours? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home