Rhythmic Rain...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Dinner, Lunch and Final Farewells

My last few days at Biopolis were the most torturous of all! Every time I would do something, I would think “Gosh! This is probably the last time I do XYZ”. And everyone – in their own way – made it so much harder!!

Last Friday, the group took me out to dinner. We left work around 6, and took two cabs to East Coast – which, turned out to be the wrong side of the island to be on for SUNSET!! We went to “Mango Tree”, this coastal Indian restaurant. The food was great, the company was great, the surrounding was great, everything was just…great! I enjoyed every minute! I got some cool pictures! And I will never be able to reach Kallang with a straight face EVER again!!

My last day was the most depressing. I had to finish up the last bits of my two reports (You guys still owe me one by the way!!!) and by 5, I had to hand over my keys and ID card! The lady I handed over my stuff to was most dispassionate about the whole thing. The place is WAY too fast and efficient! I hadn’t even been out of BII for a day, and my email was “de-activated”. It was REALLY depressing.

Saying bye to the people I’ve been around this whole time was depressing. Right up from Derek and Chandra to the lady in the little shop and the secretary who has different coloured eyes everyday…was just…depressing! (I know I’ve used that word too often, but it’s true)

Today, the DAY I was leaving, they took me to lunch – AGAIN. Yesterday, I met Sandeep in the hall, and he asked “Oh…you’re still here??”. I’m assuming he thought the dinner meant I’d be gone the next day. I said “Today is my last day, I’ll be gone tomorrow I promise!”…and there I was at BII for lunch at 12:30 this afternoon!! He must have been thinking “God! She just doesn’t LEAVE!”.
We – after A LOT of discussion - went to a pizza place! Then we had ice cream across the road at Haggen Daaz. It was so cool. I had to rush off to meet my mom at Citibank, Orchard to cash my last cheque though. I wish that last wave didn’t have to be so rushed…but it was really nice, squeezing that lunch in!!

Thanks for everything you guys! Enjoyed every moment I spent at BII! Look me up if any of you are ever in Bangalore!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 am, May 28, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    I'll be too busy to remember missing it?? Weirdest thing someone has told me so far in an attempt to comfort me...LOL! Well, thanks. hehe

    Will write soon!! Good luck with work! And don't stress yourself out like you usually do! You'll do fine!! Study-holic!

     
  • At 7:12 am, May 29, 2005, Blogger Sucheta said…

    Hey Meg! You forgot to mention how nice it was to see Rati and me (your best friends remember?) again!! haha... just kidding, it was great to see u again after so long though... and you better meet us as often as possible over the next week before your school starts!

     
  • At 9:44 pm, May 29, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Oh yea!!!! *adds to above post*

    It was great to see my friends again after coming home. I seemed to have missed so much, and yet they were the same nut cases I left behind a month ago...! Thanks you 2 for making it a wee bit easier!

    Nanz, I KNOW what you meant you bozo!! Even then, it is the weirdest thing you have ever said to me! LOL Don't you worry about your exams! You'll do great! You have no idea what a relief it is to have got my results!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home