Rhythmic Rain...

Friday, February 11, 2005

Graduation

Well...it’s over. We graduated tonight. I don’t know why, but I felt slightly silly up there. I didn’t feel old enough to have had to do that...

The whole process started off at about 12 in the afternoon...we went to Aunty Shenaz’s and then to Spratt. It’s a nice place – kind of made our hair look very artificial...but by the time we had to go to school it was looking more normal – all fancy! Rati, Sucheta and I walked in to school a whole 45 minutes late...thank you very much...and found all our classmates and seniors al dressed up! It was really strange seeing everyone in saris and suits and styled hair...!


The function/show/ceremony (whatever) was nice...we were really uncomfortable on that weird stage they made us sit on...but everyone had nice things to say. My speech went off surprisingly well...I didn’t make an idiot out myself! Well, not as much as I had expected I would anyway.

Uncle Ravi was one of the parents who spoke. And Tejas’ mom was the other. Everyone was talking about our future, how the decisions we make now can change our lives, and about how the next few years are formative and crucial. I don’t think I could completely fathom the entire situation. When I was in the second grade, and I was watching Bushan and Sonali and all graduate, they all looked a lot older than I feel!

Anyway, after the formal thing, we all went out and took SO many photographs! I hugged people I barely have even spoken to! Everyone was in such a good mood. Karuna and Sarisha were there. Parents I have never spoken to said things like “We’ve enjoyed watching you”. It was kind of nice…kind of strange.

All in all, it was a nice evening. It felt good to be considered special…but I still don’t feel any different…am I supposed to???

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 am, February 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    told you you'd be great! im glad you had a nice time!..now i really wish i was there but the pictures will keep me happy! lol!
    well done
    nanya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home