Rhythmic Rain...

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas

I’m not quite sure why I’m excited. I guess it’s just the festive feeling everywhere. Not being Christian, I don’t actively celebrate Christmas, but for some reason I can’t help but feel slightly lifted during this time.

This year, as usual, we went to the MCC convent to wish the sisters there. I love going there. Not just because I am pampered there – I AM! But that’s not why I love it there! It’s always quiet, though never has it been said that one isn’t allowed to talk. Trees surround the 56-year-old building, and there is never a time when there won’t be a cat or a dog around you – but then again, all of MCC is like that.
We took a cake with us, and we went in to see this huge spread of Christmas goodies spread out before us! Rose cookies, Christmas wine, pastries, and the best plum cake in the world! And I don’t even LIKE plum cake! It was SO stupid of us to have had breakfast before going!

When we had eaten all we could, met all the sisters, said hi to all the cats, and made sure Kutty wasn’t eating any birds…we went and sat in the chapel. The moment you walk in there, you feel different. I went in there alone, while the rest of my family was still talking to Sister Jesuina. There was a nativity visible just inside. The alter was decorated with baskets of fresh flowers. It was only 11 in the morning, and they had already received something like 10 flower baskets! It’s such a calm place; I just sat there till Sister Jesuina joined us. Without a word, she placed a hand on my head, and said a prayer. Out loud. Addressed to the Lord; thanking him for everything. She then said a special prayer…for me. I can’t get myself to type out what she said. She just prayed for me, for my exams…I just can’t get over it.

Going there gave me such satisfaction. I actually felt motivated to study…knowing that there are people at the convent praying for me.
I left feeling so choked up…I didn’t say a word on the way home.

You atheists don’t know what you are missing…

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 pm, December 25, 2004, Blogger D. said…

    Heh, you sound like you had a nifty Christmas. :) The extent of mine was sitting at my computer and avoiding work, which isn't half as much fun as it's meant to be.

    (Save some plum-cake for me? *puppy eyes*)

     
  • At 8:07 am, December 29, 2004, Blogger Aveek said…

    Hey, don't go bout the aethism again. And just for your information, I was rather intent on atending Midnight Mass, just to see what it was like. Just cause one doesn't Believe, doesn't mean one can experience something less than what someone else can.

     
  • At 10:12 pm, December 29, 2004, Blogger Meghna said…

    Ah...you were were you? Not bad. A forward atheist is he!
    No...I didn't mean you were missing the experience. I meant you were missing how great it is to believe, and be with those who believe.
    But I think for both your sake and mine...we wont start this argument again!

     
  • At 11:00 pm, December 29, 2004, Blogger Aveek said…

    Hmmm... lets. :-)

     
  • At 11:28 am, March 23, 2006, Blogger sayantoni said…

    i know exactly how u felt when u entered the college chapel.. i felt the same.. its a different feeling..
    you're one lucky girl..

    thought i wold go to the coll chapel for mid night mass.. but ended up by going to st. marks cathedral..!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home