Rhythmic Rain...

Monday, April 11, 2005

What's happening??

Everything is happening too fast. For the first time ever...I find myself not completely looking forward to my trip to Singapore. 5 weeks seems a bit excessive to spend away from....well, everything. Lot's of little things are bothering me...

I am actually having to study before this internship. I mean, I knew I would have to. And I wasn't exactly complaining, since it is practically completely carbon chemistry, which (for those of you who don't know) I LOVE! But I hadn't expected to find it this HARD! How come there are SO many different kinds of proteins?! Why does each of them have a completely different structure?! And more importantly, how come people in the tenth grade in Singapore do Chemistry that I don't understand?!

I am one of like 4 people who are staying back in NAFL…two of which I don’t seem to get along with too well. I am going to have a class of 25 new students! And I thought the new term is supposed to be uncomfortable for NEW students! Geez…

Actually, what it bothering me the most is what (or rather who) is not going to be there. She’s been there nine years, and for the first time, we won’t walk into school on the first day together…laughing at the ridiculous thought that someone new in OUR school might be cute. For the first time, I am going to be alone on the bus. I feel stupid really, since I seem to be the only one who is this bothered. She’s right - it’s not like we are moving to separate planets! We’ll still see each other. But I can’t help feeling like I’m leaving for Singapore on Monday, but I’m actually going away. They have each other…and I am constantly thinking about what I am missing out on. Stupid view to life I’m taking on actually. I guess the point of this whole para was this: I’m going to miss her. I got upset when I thought she was moving to Bombay…I guess it didn’t hit me that we were going to have to go our separate ways one time or another.

God, what am I doing?! I’m wallowing?! This is so unlike me!! This is not for sympathy though…just frustration that I can’t seem to understand simple carbon chemistry…and a wee bit of sadness. Just because it’s harder to let go than I thought it would be.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:07 pm, April 11, 2005, Blogger Aveek said…

    What sorta bloody internship is this??!! Are you working at some chemical plant in Singapore or something?!

    P.S. Its pretty hard to eep in touch if she's off to Mumbai... even though Zubins right hee, we barely meeet once a month... if we're lucky.
    Best of luck to you two...

    Cheers...
    Aveek

     
  • At 11:47 pm, April 11, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    It's not a chemical plant...it's abio-technology firm. But apparently,I need to know protien structure before going there...hence the carbon chemistry!

    And she's not moving to Mumbai! Just TISB...still it's gonna be weird without her!

     
  • At 11:49 am, April 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, im only online for like 5 mins so havent actually read the whole post. was just coming on here to check the doodle board....but the last paragraph caught me eye 'Just because it’s harder to let go than I thought it would be.'
    see mia, it is sometimes harder than you think to forget things and move on........

     
  • At 10:33 pm, April 13, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Ok...who are you? And another thing: what was the point of that comment?? You are agreeing with me right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home