Rhythmic Rain...

Friday, April 14, 2006

Till Death Do Us Part

Going through my mom’s stationery drawer the other day, I found a card that was meant for Aja. There is a little cartoon of a girl with a ponytail, and three banana peels… you open up the card and the title is “Happy Birthday to a grandpa who sent me into peals of laughter”… I remember looking at it almost 5 years ago, and thinking that I wouldn’t find a more perfect card for Aja… That was when they were still in Delhi, and I had just missed his birthday. So I thought to myself, there’s always next year! That entire year, I kept the card safely in my room…and in the process of keeping it so safe, forgot that I had it, and missed the next birthday too. This happened SO many times, but every time I rediscovered it, I thought, “next time, but I HAVE to give it to him! It’s just too perfect for words…” I didn’t think that I would postpone it one time too many.

Today would have been his birthday. We spent the day with Dida so she wouldn’t have to be alone. We even had ice cream where we used to go with him once in a while. I know it sounds silly, but I really missed him today. I think about him everyday. But sometimes, it hits me harder than other times, that I will really never see him again. Today was one of those times…

However corny it may sound, it must be said, that if you want to do something special for someone, do it now. And make sure that the people you love, know that you love them.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 am, April 15, 2006, Blogger sayantoni said…

    how can it ever be so silly to miss someone as dear as ur aja.. to miss him on his birthday.. a day special to him and you'll..
    chill babes.. smile.. he's watching over you..
    i miss my Dadu so much.. its been 5 years he's gone. even now.. i feel so empty at times in this house.. because i look at things, and still cant accpet he's no more..
    but things happen.. and everyone moves on.
    :o)

     
  • At 7:59 am, May 21, 2006, Blogger Axiomate said…

    your previous template was better...just to let u know

    rahul

     
  • At 8:54 am, May 23, 2006, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said…

    I wrote this comment for ur new post...which I think u erase :(


    ______________

    Same thing happend with me few months back...I was driving with ma manager in his newly purchased car when on the outskirts a bike came and banged our car...and it was all his fault...

    fortunately this guy was weaing helmet and luckily there was no trafiic that time, else he was dead.

    2 mins later...we were surrounded wth this desi crowd who were yelling at me and ma boss....throw these bugger in jail...but that dude was like, its ma fault...let them go...and we quickly ran away :)

    Greetz!!

     
  • At 8:54 am, May 23, 2006, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said…

    TYPo:

    think you ERASED..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home