Rhythmic Rain...

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Ad-venture!

I would really love to get into the field of advertising! It seems like such an exciting field...! Some of the advertisements on TV nowadays leave alot to be desired these days, though don't they?

Have you watched any of those hair care product ads these days?? There are an incredilble number of shampoos, conditioners, gels and whatnot that are guaranteed to keep your hair straight, shiny and black for all eternity. But the ads all seem to hae the same theme - this person A has dandruff, or oily hair, or white hair, and a close friend B notices, and suggests the use of the product in question. A few days of use of this product by person A, and voila! Problem solved! This all very nice indeed. The only thing that don't get is the fact that person A's face is already on the container of the product in the commercial. Wouldn't it make more sense if person B's face were on the container?! After all, it is B swearing by the product!!

There are so many ads that are just plain silly...but some are realy fun to watch! Sometimes evem more so than whatever it is was that we were watching. The new "Oye Bubbly" campaign for Pepsi is so cute! It's nice to see one's favorite star on screen endorsing something one actually uses! One of my favourite new ads is the new India V2 ad - There is this guy sitting around with his friends. He claims that he was proposed to by Katrina Kaif. This boxing glove comes out of nowhere and punches him in the face. Same thing happens when he claims to wrestle man-eating tigers at a job interview. Ditto when he says he owns a aircraft. And the entire ad continue like that till he is in a suit in a car showroom talking about how wonderful the new Indica V2 is. After praising it to the skies, he looks around expectantly for the boxing glove, but none comes! Then we see the car, and hear a voice over saying "The Indica V2. More car per car"!
It is so cute! Love that ad.

Yes, there are more stupid ads than nice ones...but TV wouldn't be half as entertaining without the occasional giggle at Tendulkar's voice saying "Boost is the secret of my energy!" or the laughs at the loud Close-up "Kya aap Close-up karte hai-eee" ! I have my list of favourite ads on TV!! What are yours???

5 Comments:

  • At 11:29 am, April 04, 2005, Blogger Sucheta said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:44 am, April 04, 2005, Blogger Sucheta said…

    Alright, that last comment was a bit over-critical of the post so I decided not to keep it there!
    Anyways, what I meant to say was that I agree with you Meghna, about some ad's being extremely repetitive, annoying and downright boring!
    Personally, I like the motorazor ad, and the diet pepsi "go play" ad (which may not be most liked, but i find it has a certain something!)!!

     
  • At 11:48 am, April 04, 2005, Blogger Meghna said…

    Oh my God, Sucheta you are nuts. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am offended by your opinion you know?! And whatever you say...I LOVE the new Pepsi add...I think it is adorable! And even if someone else were in it, I'd think it was cute. You don't see me loving the Santro ads do you???

     
  • At 3:34 am, April 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm, it's good to see America isn't the only place overcrowded with terrible ads. I don't watch that much, but whenever I turn on the TV, I end up channel surfing just to avoid the commercials.

     
  • At 12:56 am, April 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Pepsi Oye Bubbly ad... whatever that is supposed to mean.. is horrible! It is one of the worst I have seen coming just before all the ads about fairness creams and other equally useless beauty products...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home