Rhythmic Rain...

Friday, September 22, 2006

Thunderous Shock

The day had been one of clear skies and a light breeze. The mundane weather matched my uneventful day. I went to bed that night without a thought in my head. The balcony door was open letting the Bangalore night breeze enter the room through the grills. I pulled the quilt tighter around myself and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. I didn’t even notice the dry breeze turn into a moist one.

I awoke with a start to loud noise. Like an explosion. It didn’t LOOK any different outside… but the sheer volume of the sound sent a chill down my spine. Images of children screaming in Malegaon and Bombay flashed across my mind. How bad would the damages be? How many people would be left without family this time? I was alive…so which part of town had the bomb exploded? I was fretting about my grandparents and friends in different parts of town when I noticed that it was now pouring hard outside. Thunder. Not a terrorist attack. Thunder. Why was a bomb the first thought to enter my head?

Though that night, I drank a glass of water, and went back to sleep, I couldn’t get the uneasy feeling out of my stomach for days.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:26 am, September 23, 2006, Blogger Ranjana said…

    Yes, it's bad, but we have to move on. Had it not been Guru-Purnima on July 11, I could have been in one of those trains.

    Those terrorists won't get away all the time. Lives have been lost, and a lot more has been washed off, but we have to go on with our lives. If we give up and let terrorists take away the activity from their lives, THAT moment would be our true defeat.

     
  • At 12:29 am, October 07, 2006, Blogger BEPenfriends said…

    Hi guys,

    Terror is a different concept, they don't know anything. Now they are targetting childrens everywhere. they think this will make us to get afraid.

    Lets say Never GIVE UP. hey I got a news that india gave evidence of pak isi involvemetn in 7/11 blast. read abt that at my blog ya

    http://blogs.bepenfriends.com/bepenfriends

    Link my blog in yours too.

    Meghna Where r u in bangalore

     

Post a Comment

<< Home