Rhythmic Rain...

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Weapons Of Mass Distraction!

I am telling you. The universe is against me. It is slowly, but steadily and meticulously creating situations to place me in, so that I NEVER do well! Like it wasn’t bad enough just with cell phones, blogs, email, and general daydreams… I now have a whole new problem to deal with. This is an SMS conversation between Supreya and I, on the way home from the Biology exam.

Me: Sup! Did you know American Idol is starting on the 17th??
Sup: Really? I knew it was starting. I didn’t know when though. Cool!
Me: Yea…! Great. Another thing to distract us… But yay!
Sup: Ah we can work around it. And there is this new show Heroes. Kinda like x-men… supposed to be really good. We HAVE to watch that!
Me: Yea? Ok…!
Sup: And KBC with Shahrukh!
Me: OMG yea!!! That HAS to be seen! And oh oh… our F.R.I.E.N.D.S marathon! Forget boards! Let’s just watch TV all life long!
Sup: Ha ha. Yeah!! I know. Who gives when there are so many other important things in life that actually matter! =s
Meg: Yea totally! We have GOT to show this conversation to Ms. Padma. Or… we could choose life!!


I want to watch them all! But I don’t want to fail! Ah. Dilemma. See? I’m telling you. The universe is against me.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:11 am, January 13, 2007, Blogger Pritha Reads said…

    Why not tape record some of them and watch AFTER exams?? I don't know how exams work for you...but that's what some of my friends and I do during exams because heaven forbid we miss our TV shows!

    Good luck.

     
  • At 7:20 am, January 26, 2007, Blogger D. said…

    Oh, I know how that is. :/ They just started Heroes on Star World, and it is fantastic and naturally I must watch it every week (I mean, it is intelligent! The eye candy -- Milo Ventimiglia! -- is merely a plus. :P), and Supernatural, and...raaaaaa. I feel your pain.

    (Thankfully, my favouritest of the lot -- Doctor Who -- is restarting only after the IIT exam. So I can watch it as much as I like.)

     
  • At 7:23 am, January 26, 2007, Blogger D. said…

    Aaand I just realised that you did, in fact, mention Heroes in your post. (Score one for bad speed-reading.) Well, consider this a further urge to go and watch it, because. Really. AWESOME. :D I'm not a fan of X-Men, but this? Is super.

     
  • At 4:53 am, January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahaha...here im in a dilemma that's exactly the opposite of yours. I need to watch a little more TV for my projects but it's just damn boring to do so ! I really really have to start watching more TV or else I'm in deep shit !!!

     
  • At 5:07 am, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok so like totally unrelated to your blog (which by the way was great) but i have kinda lost my phone and with the precious digits that put me in touch with you. Please mail me ur no at srishi@tisb.ac.in

    sweet
    tc
    rishi

     
  • At 5:07 am, January 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home